WICHITA STATE UNIVERSITY
PUBLIC UNIVERSITY FOUNDED IN 1895
Total Student Population: 15,800
- International Students: 1,600 (from over 100 countries)
Over 225 majors and specializations available
- Programs range from ESL, Bachelor’s, Master’s, and PhD
Top 100 Engineering School with ABET accreditation
- Business School ranked in the top 5% of business schools worldwide with duel accreditation from AACSB
- Scholarship of $4,80 0+ for undergraduate students with GPA 3.0 and $6,000+ for graduate students with GPA 3.3
Over 250 unique employers on campus
- Partner companies on campus offering research and job opportunities
- Standard applications are processed in 2 -3 weeks 3-day premium processing available for undergraduate and ESL
A secret no longer
Wichitans have known for years—but now national publications are taking note of our low cost of living, growing economy and excellent quality of life. Everywhere you go, you’ll see people wearing and displaying the city flag to show our pride in what the city has become.
A few of Wichita’s recent honors include:
- No. 3 U.S. Advanced Industry Hotspot
- Top 10 Best Cities for New College Grads
- The 15 Best Midsize Cities for New Grads
- Top 10 Best Places to Live
- Top 10 Best Value City
- No. 2 Most Recession-Proof City
“The main thing I like and WSU that you can meet a lot of people from different parts of the world in one small city in the United States. Another thing I like about Wichita State is the job opportunities you can have. I was able to find 3 on-campus jobs during my freshman and sophomore years. Almost everyone I meet in Wichita is nice and helpful. There are lots of people who make me think this is my home away from home.“
Athira Suresh Pillay // India // Aerospace Engineering Major
Wichita is a safe and friendly city
Wichita State is one of the safest universities of its size in the U.S.
A center of innovation and industry
Wichita is known as the Air Capital of the World, a nod to its large aircraft industry—but we have a long history of entrepreneurial spirit and business success.
Soak up the sun
Wichita sits in the center of the U.S. Great Plains and enjoys excellent weather and a mild climate for most of the year.